While assembling some larger walls I bumped the dining room light enough to break the fine wiring. I can fix this, but I had to cut away part of the carpet and pull through more wire.
Then, while disassembling the light itself, I dropped it. I was sitting down and it hit the floor, not more than a 2 foot drop. But by some freak chance one of the bulbs broke! This is pretty amazing, this little piece has an infinitesimal mass, and the bulbs are glass, but pretty solid. The suppliers of this stuff should really switch to LEDs.
Anyway, there is is. Now I have a hole in the rug that will never be perfectly hidden, and I have to get another bulb for the light.
This saga highlights a problem with this sort of kit. The whole thing is really designed to just be assembled and painted easily, "out of the box". It's all tabs and slots and could easily be just put together in a day.
But if you want to do any detail, it gets awkward. For example, a detail like a fragile ceiling light should be added last so this sort of thing wouldn't happen. But you can't really do that. I think if I did something like this again, I'd cut off all the tabs and cut some of the wall/floor pieces into smaller sections so that rooms could be done one at a time while still leaving easy access to other parts. for things like paining, baseboards and other trim.
It's disappointing. But that's OK, I didn't really have any specific plans for this thing anyway. It's really just an experiment.